It’s the season for all things spooky, but let’s add a Disney Halloween twist! From snacks, decorations, outfits and beyond there’s a way to add Disney into every season. Halloween pumpkin decorating never looked so magical! I’ve collected some of my favorite Disney Halloween tricks, treats and costumes to share with you.
This post was originally published Sept 14th, 2016 and has been updated and republished.
Disney Halloween Decorations
A true Disney fan incorporates Disney-inspiration throughout their entire year! From these fall suggestions to Disney Christmas decorations during the holiday season, there are lots of ways to incorporate Disney magic into your home.
Enjoy these ideas for a Happy Halloween with sweet treats, crafts, decorating tips and movie night fun!
Disney Halloween and Fall Ideas for 2022
The Halloween season usually includes attending fall festivals, school carnivals and participating in trick-or-treat events!
We’re making the most of the season and these Disney Halloween ideas are perfect for 2022. Setting up a Halloween display is a fun way to bring some of the not-so-spooky Disney magic to your home this Halloween season!
Haunted Mansion Holiday
Fans of the classic Haunted Mansion attraction may get hot and cold chills with these Haunted Mansion inspired treats. The haunted house is a year-round Disney theme park favorite, but the spooky season is the perfect time to rouse the spirit.
- Get into the Halloween spirit with Haunted Mansion Playing Cards from ShopDisney.
- Remind your guests to Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts with this crafted Cricut Haunted Mansion Pillow Cover from The Crafted Sparrow.
- Polka Dots and Pixie Dust share how to create a cobwebbed Haunted Mansion Inspired Mantel.
- This poster from Etsy of the Hitchhiking Ghosts from Haunted Mansion is a quirky addition to your home decor.
Spooky Little Touches
I like to make my seasonal decor subtle, almost like a Hidden Mickey. Rather than gory or all out frightening, I enjoy using autumnal decorations with small dashes of spooky.
Above all, it’s more appropriate to my family, especially with a preschooler who is easily scared! These are fall ways to decorate your home and body with Disney this Halloweentime.
Boo to You! This Mickey Halloween Doormat from Imagineered on Etsy will welcome everyone and signal that there’s Disney fall fun ahead.
These Pirates of the Caribbean Drink Coasters from Just Jo and Co on Etsy add just the right dash of creepy charm to tabletops during the Halloween season!
Whether you’re into candy corn or not, you can’t deny the adorableness of these Mickey-inspired Candy Corn Tealight Holders from Main Street Marvels on Etsy.
It’s a Nightmare…Before Christmas!
Let’s start off this party with the King of Halloween, Jack Skellington from Tim Burton’s A Nightmare Before Christmas. Jack and Sally always take over the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland and you can get in the spirit at your house too.
It’s a Halloween mashup that’s truly spirited! Check out these Nightmare Before Christmas and Haunted Mansion themed items that add just the right amount of scare to your lair.
- Jack Skellington sugar cookies are SO easy to make because you only need white and black royal icing and they go together quickly. Try this Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookie Recipe from Mommy Mouse Clubhouse.
- Keep cookies ready to eat inside this Jack Skellington Kitchen Canister!
- Simpy Today Life shows how to create an easy, no-carve hand-painted Jack Skellington Halloween Pumpkin.
- Try these super cool and colorful Sally Sugar Cookies from my friend Jana at Whiskey + Sunshine.
Dia De Los Muertos
In recent years, I’ve loved the inclusion of Dia de los Muertos at both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure park. Moreover, it incorporates one of the best Pixar movies, Coco!
- Parties with a Cause offers a Day of the Day Non-Alcoholic Sangria recipe that’s kid-friendly and appropriate for the celebration.
- Miguel’s Guitar will complete your Coco Halloween costume in this tutorial from Over the Big Moon.
- Seize your moment each morning with a cup of coffee in this Coco Mug from shopDisney.
- Make yummy Churro Party Popcorn recipe inspired by the movie from my friend Tania at Lola Lambchops.
Just a Bunch of Hocus Pocus
Disney’s Hocus Pocus has become somewhat of a cult classic over the years. That’s especially true with the recent release of Hocus Pocus 2 on Disney+!
The Sanderson Sisters can also be found at Disney parks during Halloween time. They appear in the Mickey’s No-So-Scary Halloween Party villains show at Magic Kingdom. At Disney California Adventure, Minnie Mouse, Daisy Duck and Clarabelle Cow appear in a Sanderson Sister meet ‘n greet.
We all need dishtowels, right? And these Hocus Pocus Kitchen Towels from Red Myrtle Studio on Etsy are Halloween perfection!
- Bubble up some troubling treats that are inspired by Hocus Pocus with these Witches Brew Brownie Bites from Cool Moms Cool Tips.
- Big Bear’s Wife shows you a DIY to create your own Black Flame Candle, just like from the movie!
- Signal all trick or treaters to beware of witches running, “Amuck Amuck Amuck!” with this whimsical Hocus Pocus Wreath from K Rose Designs Crafts on Etsy.
All Things Star Wars for Halloween
Star Wars Halloween costumes have been popular since I was a kid. There’s no stopping them now, with the release of the newer films and shows on Disney+. Not to mention the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World theme parks!
If you have a Star Wars fan in the house, these are some awesome ways to bring the franchise in during the Halloween season.
- The Mandalorian is still one of the hottest Star Wars show. Costumes from this Disney+ series are sure to be popular. Dressing your little one in this “Baby Yoda” The Child Costume is a must do for Halloween 2022!
- Check out these cool R2-D2 and C-3PO Star Wars-inspired Pumpkins I found on Pinterest from DIY Candy!
- My friend Britni at Play Party Plan has a Star War Scavenger Hunt to get you in the party mood.
- Read Star Wars books like this Little Golden Book I Am a Hero featuring all the brave heroes like Rey and Chewbacca.
- Want to make a Jawa Costume, complete with glowing eyes? Red Shoes Red Wine has the full tutorial.
- Light up the trick-or-treat basket with this DIY Star Wars Lightsaber Lights from my friend Karen at Desert Chica.
- All the fall feels with your favorite characters on this Star Wars Trick or Treat Tee from Lilo Shop Co on Etsy.
Disney Halloween Costumes and Fall Outfits
Let your kid’s imagination run free when choosing this year’s Halloween costume. From Frozen, Toy Story, Peter Pan, Mulan and The Little Mermaid, there are some awesome group costumes found on ShopDisney to put together for the entire family.
Make this fun DIY Mickey Halloween Pumpkin Shirt, inspired by Disneyland’s Main Street USA jack o’ lantern.
My kids love to choose a Disney character to recreate each year as their costume choice. Disney Halloween ideas for costumes are endless, with group outfits, princesses, and beloved characters topping the list.
Making Halloween costumes on a budget isn’t as hard as you think, with these practical tips.
For an at-home Disney princess treatment, try these DIY Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique ideas for hair, makeup and additional styling.
Mickey Treats and Halloween Treasures
Welcome Mickey and Minnie into your entire fall season with these treats, decorations and treasures for Halloween and beyond.
This Mickey Silhouette Pillow Cover from Friendly Mousie on Etsy features a subtle Mickey pumpkin pattern. The perfect fall colors and design will carry you through all of autumn!
- How amazing are these Mickey Mouse Mummy Cookies from my friend Taty at Cool Moms Cool Tips.
- This adorable Halloween Mickey Ghost from Cutefetti glows at night!
- My friend Jessica at The Happiest Blog on Earth has the easy tutorial to make your own Mickey Jack O’ Lantern.
- Can’t forget Minnie Mouse! These adorable Disney Halloween Light Up Ears from shopDisney will give your Halloween festivities the perfect Disney spark.
The Disney villains are a safe way to incorporate a little darkness into your Halloween fun. In other words, they’re so bad…it’s good! For the perfect Halloween theme, mix in a few of the favorite villains from Disney classics including Ursula, Maleficent and Doctor Facillier from the Princess and the Frog.
Set the tone for Halloween night with this Snow White Evil Queen inspired Poisoned Apple Votive Candle from shopDisney.
- Create a villainous graveyard with these DIY Disney Villain Tombstones tutorial from Adventures in Familyhood.
- These amazing purple and black Ursula Cupcakes from Multicultural Maven are to die for!
- Light up the night with this Designs by Miss Mandee Cricut craft for Maleficent Paper Lanterns.
- From Cruella de Ville to Jafar, this Disney Villain Halloween Shirt from PassionWear Shop on Etsy has all the icons represented.
Disney Halloween Entertainment For the Kids
Be chillin’ like a villain with the kid-friendly Descendants series, available on Disney+. These Descendants Dress-Up Crowns from Applemint House on Etsy are ideal for topping off those Mal, Evie, Uma or Audrey Halloween costumes.
- Kimberly at Savvy Mama Lifestyle shares a free printable Disney Halloween Kid’s Placemat.
- Make a Frankenstein Mickey Ears Ornament in a DIY Halloween craft from The Inspiration Edit.
- Decorate your manicure and pedicure with these adorable not-so-scary Disney-Inspired Halloween Nail Decals from Hail the Nails on Etsy.
- Get glowing with this line-up of Disney Halloween Pumpkin Carving Templates from Baby Savers.
- Read about the tiny Disney Junior vampire and her friends in this book, Vampirina Treasure Haunters!