This is the complete guide to the Disneyland Food and Wine with kids, updated for 2024. The Disneyland Food and Wine Festival is held annually at Disney California Adventure park as a celebration of cuisine, adult drinks and live entertainment. Is there anything for kids? Find out the best things to do with children at the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival along with all the best tips for families and kid-friendly ride itinerary.
This article was originally published March 21st, 2019 and has been updated with new information and a new publication date.
Disneyland Food and Wine Festival with Kids
Does Disneyland have a Food and Wine Festival like one that’s held in Epcot at Disney World? While there are some similarities to that event, the Disney Food & Wine is different in many ways.
The annual Disneyland Food and Wine Festival is held inside Disney California Adventure park (not Disneyland itself). The event runs from March 1st through April 22, 2024.
It’s held on 53 consecutive days so you have plenty of opportunity if you’re visiting during springtime at Disneyland.
Read these tested tips for taking on the Disneyland Food and Wine with kids, with a focus on younger kids including toddlers and preschoolers!
Get advice on how to best balance rides and attractions while still enjoying the Food & Wine event activities. This article will be updated with specifics for the 2024 event as they are released.
Quick Things to Know about the Disney Food & Wine Before You Go
Do you need a ticket for Disneyland Food and Wine Festival?
The Disney California Food and Wine Festival is included in the admission ticket. To attend, each guest will need a valid park ticket or Park Hopper for Disney California Adventure park in order to experience the Food & Wine Festival.
DISCOUNT DISNEYLAND TICKETS – My travel partners at Get Away Today offer both discounted Disneyland tickets and Anaheim-area hotels to fit any budget! Many hotels include exclusive discounts like free parking, complimentary breakfast or even free nights, just for booking through Get Away Today.
Disneyland tickets purchased now are good through January 12th, 2025. Purchase your multi-day tickets through Get Away Today today and lock in the best pricing of the year.
When you’re ready to book your Disneyland vacation, my friends at Get Away Today are ready to help! Mention code REWRITTEN to receive an extra discount off your SoCal vacation package (when booking 2+ nights with two or more tickets).
Is a Disney park reservation required?
Yes, a separate theme park reservation is needed. Keep in mind that Park Hopping takes place after 11 am. So if you have Disneyland as a starting park, you may not move over to Disney California Adventure with a Park Hopper until after 11:00 am.
Read these tips for more things to know about going to Disneyland this year.
Where is the Disneyland Food and Wine Festival held?
The Disney Food & Wine Festival dining and entertainment is located mostly in the Paradise Gardens area of Disney California Adventure park. This is where the Marketplace food and beverage kiosks are located.
The Festival Beer Garden is next to the Paradise Garden Grill. There is an additional Food & Wine Festival area, set away from the rest. Cooking demonstrations, a hands-on junior chef experience with Disney Junior Alice’s Wonderland Bakery and Chef Goofy meet ‘n greet take place on the Backlot Stage in Hollywood Land.
More Things to Know About Disneyland Food and Wine with Kids
Is Disneyland Food and Wine Family Friendly? Yes, the event is for families. There is alcohol served at California Adventure & during the Food and Wine Festival held at the Disneyland Resort. However, this is still a family-friendly event & there are plenty of non-alcoholic options for kids to enjoy.
When is the best time to go to Disneyland Food and Wine with Kids? The Disney California Food and Wine Festival can be particularly crowded during spring break. For lighter crowds, try a mid-week visit before spring break crowds hit the park.
If you’re a Southern California resident, the SoCal Resident Ticket Offer offers a great discount for weekends or weekday only visits!
Do they have straws at Disneyland? Only paper straws are available at Disneyland parks, not plastic. If paper straws bother you, consider bringing your own disposable plastic straws.
Sometimes the paper straw would get soft and soggy before we were done with the beverage. It was also tough to drink the thick ice cream shakes with the paper straw.
Can you do it all in one day? Unlikely, because Disney California Adventure is already a full-day theme park.
Is there a way to balance a day of eating and drinking at the Festival along with all the other fun things at Disney California Adventure? Absolutely! Keep reading for my itinerary of ideas, especially for families with toddlers and preschool-aged kids.
Benefits & Tips for Purchasing the Sip & Savor Pass
What is a Sip and Savor Pass? With the purchase of a Sip and Savor Pass, guests can enjoy either 4 or 8 food or non-alcoholic drinks from the participating marketplace locations and inside Paradise Garden Grill.
BEST Time Saving Tip!! – To save time standing in line, plan out which items you’ll be ordering. You can purchase them all up front at a single marketplace register.
Just be sure to hold on to your receipt. If you lose your receipt you can’t get your food, so put it in a safe place! Present it at the appropriate kiosk to receive your pre-ordered food or beverage.
Where can I buy a Disney Sip & Savor Pass?
The Sip & Savor Pass is only available for sale inside Disney California Adventure park. You’ll find them for sale at many locations around the park.
The Sip and Savor Pass comes on a lanyard so you can hang it around you neck and be hands-free for holding your festival treats!
The Sip and Savor Pass also has the added benefit of a location guide. So great when you’re taking on Disneyland Food and Wine with kids and want to quickly find your menu favorites!
Four Sip & Savor Pass Types
4-Coupons or 8-Coupon versions – New in 2024, the Sip & Savor is available in two coupon versions, four or eight.
Scannable pass – A Cast Member at the location will scan your pass. You’ll then enter the 4-digit code located on your pass at checkout.
Pass with attached coupons – Present the pass to a Cast Member at the location with the coupon still attached.
Do NOT snap off your coupon tab yourself. On that note, don’t hand over the Sip & Savor Pass to your toddler or preschooler, lest they snap off all your coupon tabs!
Cost of a Disney Sip and Savor Pass
Cost of a Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival Sip & Savor Pass for 2024 – price to be announced.
The cost of a Disney California Food & Wine Festival Sip and Savor Pass in 2020 was $56 (including tax) for regular park guests. Magic Key annual pass holders and Disney Visa cardholders receive an additional discount.
This means each item costs you an average of $7.00. Is the Sip and Savor Pass worth it? Yes, if you aim to only purchase treats that reach or exceed that number to get the best value from your Pass purchase. (ie: you’ll lose money choosing items cheaper than $7.00 with the Sip & Savor Pass).
Budget Tips for the Disney Food and Wine Festival with Kids
Foods and drinks during the Disney Food and Wine Festival aren’t cheap. If you’re on a budget at Disneyland, you’ll probably be better off sharing large platters of food.
Read more about that in this post about the Ways to Save Money on Food at Disneyland.
If you’re a foodie, this is the event for you. If your kids are adventurous eaters or you’re just looking for something different to do at the Disneyland California parks, the Food & Wine Festival definitely offers new fun!
Tips for Disneyland Food & Wine Festival on a Budget
Membership Discount – If you have a Magic Key annual pass or a Disney Visa credit card, there’s a discount off the cost of the Sip & Savor Pass.
Order Restaurant Offerings – Try some of the limited-time offerings from both quick service and full service restaurants. These are dishes that are available only during the Food and Wine Festival.
Keep reading for details on locations that include larger portioned dishes including Paradise Garden Grill. These plates are large enough to share and cost about the same as two of the appetizer-sized dishes available at the Marketplace.
Save the Sip & Savor Pass – No need to eat all the things in a single day! Magic Key annual pass holders or those with multi-day Disneyland tickets can purchase a Sip and Savor Pass then spread out the use of the coupons over multiple visits.
2024 Sip and Savor Passes for the Food & Wine Festival expire April 24, 2024.
Disney Food and Wine Festival Activities for Young Kids
When you attend the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival, seek out some of the included family programming that’s perfect for younger children.
There isn’t as much for toddlers or preschoolers to do at the Disney Food & Wine Festival as there are at some of the other special events. However there have been improvements in recent years!
At Disneyland Food and Wine, there are craft tables set up in the Hollywood Land area (near the Jr. Chef stage). But the main Food & Wine Festival area is lacking for younger kids, who may become bored and just want to go on rides (more on that coming!).
The junior chef experience, held in the Hollywood Land area, has always been popular. This year it’s based upon the animated series, “Alice’s Wonderland Bakery”.
With this Disney Junior themed offering, you can expect kids to go mad for this topsy-turvy activity! Look for this several times daily (generally offered at 12:00 PM, 1:00 PM, 2:15 pm) throughout the festival.
Participation is only for kids aged 3-11. While toddlers and preschoolers won’t be able to decorate cupcakes in this complimentary offering, they might still enjoy watching. Advance sign-up registration 45 minutes before each show, so arrive early if you plan to participate with kids who fit the age criteria.
Tips for Taking Toddlers and Preschoolers
Menu items in 2023 were slightly less “kid-friendly” than in the past. I’ll share in the following sections which dishes appear to be best for children. Of course, guests can always make special requests like asking that cast members leave off certain toppings.
I’d love to see at least more small tables where children can sit with their foods. We had to resort to feeding my daughter at park benches or in the stroller because tables were adult standing-height only. Bring a stroller for young kids so they’ll have a place to sit.
The Paradise Garden Grill area does have tables and chairs so this is the ideal location for dining. In between the marketplace kiosks, you’ll need to find a bench to sit with your dish.
Little ones who like to dance to the music will appreciate the live entertainment during the Festival. There are three separate locations for kid-friendly music and fun.
- Paradise Garden Bandstand (in Paradise Gardens)
- Live Festival Music at Paradise Gardens Park (on Palisades Stage)
- Jammin’ Chefs (near Hollywood Land)
Chef Goofy Meet ‘n Greet
This special event Disney character meet ‘n greet with Chef Goofy is much appreciated for parents with younger kids! Goofy the Chef meets near the Backlot Stage in Hollywood Land.
For shorter lines, aim to meet before the stage shows as the crowds will increase after the show.
Six times a day the Jammin’ Chefs host a pop-up song & dance party in the Hollywood Land area. This is a move from the previous location near the Paradise Garden obelisk. The Jammin’ Chefs feature musicians, a singer/band leader and several dancers.
Chip & Dale are there to dance and encourage the crowd to clap and dance along! It’s a lively and loud show that little kids will love.
Show up a few minutes before the start of the show to get a front row view (check the Disneyland app for times). It’s all standing-room only and the crowd will quickly form a semi-circle around the group.
You’ll want to position your toddler or preschool towards the front so they can see all the action. This is a fun opportunity for preschoolers to dance and play alongside the characters!
Best Foods to Eat at Disneyland Food and Wine with Kids
Dishes offered during the Disney Food and Wine festival feature California flavors, including fresh citrus, local vegetables and a South of the Border influence. The Food and Wine Festival Tasting Passport has a handy key with notations for special dietary needs including gluten-friendly, vegetarian and vegan.
Also included are kid-friendly foods. Naturally you know your kids and what they’d enjoy. Take a glance at the Passport and review the images and descriptions ahead of time to see which dishes your kids would enjoy the most.
In 2019 I had the opportunity to visit the Disney California Food & Wine Festival on two separate occasions: once with only adults and then again with my almost-three year old daughter. I was able to taste several of the dishes and knew which ones my toddler would enjoy and which ones to skip.
There seemed to be fewer kid-friendly dishes and drinks in years’ past. Some of the foods include spices or seasonings that might not be appealing to youngsters.
This year, there seem to be more dessert choices, which young kids enjoy! I’ve chosen not to add alcoholic drinks to this list of dining options.
Menu of Disneyland Food and Wine with Kids
For 2024, here are some suggestions of festival foods that kids could enjoy.
California Craft Brews Marketplace
There are only two food items sold at California Craft Brews (the rest of the menu is alcohol). The lines for this particular marketplace kiosk are incredibly long. Consider ordering this dish from another kiosk and then picking up to skip the long lines.
- Cheeseburger Bao – KID-FRIENDLY – comes with Thousand Island dressing, grilled onions, pickle, and tomato relish.
- S’mores Caramel Tart – KID-FRIENDLY – Graham cracker tart shell filled with caramel and chocolate ganache topped with a toasted marshmallow.
Nuts About Cheese
When dining with young children, this is a great location for two kid friendly snacks.
- BBQ Pulled Pork Mac & Cheese – KID-FRIENDLY – served with crispy dill pickle onions.
- SNICKERS Caramel-Peanut Milk Chocolate Mickey Macaron – KID-FRIENDLY – Chocolate Mickey macaron filled with caramel ganache and SNICKERS pieces. This macaron is the knock-out must-have dessert for the Disney California Food and Wine festival. Consider buying more than one, because your kiddo will not want to share!
This marketplace kiosk offers some of the most popular dishes for the entire family.
- Olive Oil Cake – KID-FRIENDLY – Glazed with lemon curd, topped with vanilla bean Chantilly, and finished with fresh candied lemons, strawberry crunch, and lemon-lime gelée.
- Huckleberry-Citrus Cooler – KID-FRIENDLY BEVERAGE – Gold Peak Black Tea, huckleberry and agave syrups, grapefruit soda, and lemon and orange juices garnished with an orange wedge.
- Carbonara Garlic Mac & Cheese with Peppered Bacon – KID-FRIENDLY – The garlic mac & cheese version has been a longtime favorite dish for the Food & Wine Festival! I was able to sneak a few bites of this creamy and delicious macaroni dish before my toddler took the rest as her own. It does have a strong garlic flavor so keep that in mind (didn’t bother my kid).
More Festival Marketplace Locations
You kind-of can’t go wrong with the Food & Wine Festival dessert options with kids! Look outside the marketplace section and towards some of the quick service dining and food carts for additional sweet treats.
Raspberry Almond Cake – KID-FRIENDLY – Almond cake with raspberry mousse and fresh raspberries.
Golden Dreams Marketplace
Frozen Old Fashioned – Non-alcoholic bourbon-flavored ice cream on a stick with bitters crema, orange zest glaze, and cherry spheres.
Carnitas-style Pork Belly – Served with esquites corn mac salad featuring Tajín Habanero.
Baja-style Fish Taco – KID-FRIENDLY – Comes with cabbage slaw, cilantro-lime crema and pico de gallo.
More Food and Wine Festival Foods with Preschoolers and Kids
Peppers Cali-Ente Marketplace
- Shrimp Papas Locas – Cheddar-bacon potatoes with jalapeño cheese sauce and chipotle shrimp.
- Chile Relleno Empanada – served with arbol pepper salsa and Oaxaca and Cotija cheeses.
Earth Eats Marketplace
Before you balk at this Impossible “non-meat” option, know that I’ve tried it with my kids and it’s amazing! If you didn’t tell the kids it’s not meat, they would have no idea. The texture and taste is just like beef. These are great savory options for kids.
- IMPOSSIBLE Chicken Parm Bites – KID-FRIENDLY – Served with tomato and cheese sauces and grated parmesan.
- IMPOSSIBLE Beef Stroganoff – KID-FRIENDLY – Egg noodles tossed in a mushroom cream sauce with IMPOSSIBLE beef and sour cream.
Kid-Friendly Options at Disneyland’s Food & Wine
Grilled Top Sirloin – with roasted garlic-Gruyère smashed potatoes and black garlic chimichurri.
Two snacks and an alcohol-free drink make this is a nice stop for families with children.
- Cheese Pizza-flavored Wings – KID-FRIENDLY – This sounds like a totally perfect kid’s dish! The chicken wings are served with ranch dip.
- BBQ Beef Brisket Slider – KID-FRIENDLY – Smoked cheddar with pickles on brioche.
- Kiwi-Apple Lemonade – KID-FRIENDLY BEVERAGE – Minute Maid Lemonade, apple juice, and kiwi and Granny Smith apple syrups garnished with a purple orchid (Non-alcoholic).
More Kid-Friendly Foods at Disney Food & Wine
Some of the quick service restaurants and vending carts are also serving up Disney Food and Wine Festival dishes. Some of these options are available as a Sip & Savor sampler dish that’s a smaller portion. I’ve noted below which items are available with the Sip & Savor Pass. Save time by taking advantage of mobile ordering when available at these quick service locations!
Cappuccino Cart (mobile order available)
Chocolate-Espresso Loaf – KID-FRIENDLY – Chocolate-espresso cake filled with chocolate mousse and topped with dark chocolate ganache and chocolate and white chocolate curls.
Clarabelle’s Hand-scooped Ice Cream (mobile order available)
Butter Cake à la Mode – KID-FRIENDLY – Butter cake topped with vanilla ice cream, strawberries, and whipped cream
Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill (mobile order available)
Strawberry Horchata – KID-FRIENDLY – House-made rice and cinnamon beverage with strawberry sauce.
Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta
- BBQ Chicken Pizza – KID-FRIENDLY – BBQ-spiced chicken, house-made BBQ Sauce, red onion, and chopped cilantro. Available by the slice or a whole pie.
- No-Bake Peanut Butter-Salted Pretzel Cheesecake – KID-FRIENDLY – Has a cookies and cream crust topped with chocolate-coated salted pretzels and chocolate ganache…yum!
More Dining Locations for Food & Wine Festival
Paradise Garden Grill (mobile order available)
Allergy-friendly options are available for most dishes for those looking for healthy food at Disneyland.
- Sisig Burrito – KID-FRIENDLY – Seasoned pork, onions, serrano peppers, garlic fried rice, scrambled egg, and marinated tomatoes with a side of chicharrones and vinegar dipping sauce.
- Chicken Musakhan – KID-FRIENDLY – Roasted spiced half chicken and sumac stewed onions on flatbread with a Mediterranean salad and a garlic yogurt dipping sauce.
- Tacos Gobernador – Chipotle-marinated shrimp tacos with pepper jack served with Spanish rice and refried beans.
- Loaded Baked Potato – KID-FRIENDLY – Seasoned plant-based steak tips and BBQ baked beans topped with cheese sauce, tangy slaw, and green onions.
- Pistachio Cheesecake – KID-FRIENDLY – New York-style pistachio cheesecake.
- Cheese Quesadilla – KID-FRIENDLY – This healthy option is a Disney Check Meal that’s ideal for children.
Sonoma Terrace (mobile order available)
Charcuterie Flatbread – Chef’s selection of deli and cured meats, mozzarella, caramelized onions, and chopped pepperoncini served with pepperoncini dip.
Smokejumpers Grill (mobile order available)
Pastrami Fries – KID-FRIENDLY – Crinkle-cut fries topped with cheese sauce, pastrami, Smokejumpers Grill sauce, and pickles.
Studio Catering Co. (mobile order available)
Chicken Lollipop – Beer-brined chicken with poblano mashed potatoes, caramelized fennel, and fried carrots.
Food & Wine Festival Churro Carts
Churros are a Disneyland favorite and the Food & Wine Festival features these kid-favorite snacks in a few new versions!
- Cannoli Churro – Churro rolled in cinnamon-sugar topped with cannoli cream, chocolate chips, and puff pastry.
- Spice Shortbread Churro – Spiced shortbread sugar with cookie butter drizzle.
- Unforgettable Bing Bong Churro – Shortbread cookie sugar and strawberry jelly with sprinkled icing.
- Butterscotch Banana Churro – Churro rolled in banana sugar topped with butterscotch icing, butterscotch drops, and banana chip crumble.
Disney California Food and Wine Festival Activities for Older Kids
Once inside the Food & Wine Festival area, grab a Food and Wine Festival Tasting Passport. This guide includes photographs of some of the tastings and a map with key to find the kiosks. Inside the Passport are descriptions about what food and drink are to be found at each of the marketplace locations.
Older kids may enjoy keeping a hold of the Passport to direct you where to find the next treat. You can also request a special stamp inside the Passport from each Marketplace location to keep track of where you’ve visited.
Get Hands On with Cupcake Decorating!
The highlight of the Disney California Food and Wine Festival for kids is the Jr. Chef experience. Kids aged 3-11 can participate in this complimentary activity (located on the stage inside Hollywood Land area).
Kids can decorate cupcakes during Alice’s Wonderland Bakery Unbirthday Party. This festival experience is hosted live by “Rolly Pin” and two of the animated characters, Alice & Princess Rosa.
- Available for children aged 3-11 years old.
- This experience is generally offered at 12:00 PM, 1:00 PM, 2:15 pm daily (check the Disneyland app for exact details).
- The hands-on activity is complimentary and included in park admission.
- Guests may sign up their kids 45 minutes prior to each show time. This is a popular activity, expect a crowd.
- Watch for an appearance by Minnie Mouse!
Enjoy a Cooking Demonstration
Tweens and teens who are particularly interested in culinary arts will enjoy the once daily “family time” cooking demonstrations. These happen on Saturday and Sunday during the Festival. Families can watch a meal prepared with tips by Disney chefs and invited guests.
What to Bring for Kids
As mentioned, there are minimal craft tables and some age-appropriate entertainment for kids to enjoy. But what can kids do while you’re eating and drinking through the marketplace or watching a culinary show? Here are a few fun suggestions on entertainment options for children:
Play games on the Disney Parks app. Purchase a Fuel Rod portable phone charger ahead of your trip. Swap in the park for a new fully-charged battery!
Pack the World of Disney Eye Found It, a compact card game to play anywhere.
In between the marketplace kiosks and rides, search for the Hidden Mickeys of Disneyland.
Older kids will enjoy Mickey Mouse Mad Libs, the classic word game. There are other versions including Toy Story, Avengers and Star Wars.
Finding a Balance at the Food & Wine Festival with Kids
The grown-ups want to relax in the Festival Beer Garden with a local brew or wine flight. But all the kids want to do is get on the rides! How do you find that balance of Disneyland fun in between enjoying the Food and Wine Festival?
I’ve come up with an itinerary for the Disneyland Food and Wine with kids that satisfies both parents and youngsters!
The Disneyland Food and Wine Festival Marketplace locations serving food and drinks don’t open until 10:30 am. This gives you plenty of time in the morning to do rides with the kids before the food kiosks even open. Rope drop is essential as families can get a lot done in the first two hours at Disneyland theme parks!
If you have your toddler or preschooler at Disney California Adventure park, aim to enjoy the following rides and attractions first thing in the morning. Use Disney Genie+ when needed later in the day:
- WEB SLINGERS in Avengers Campus area (no height restriction)
- Toy Story Midway Mania! in Pixar Pier area (no height restriction)
- Pixar Pal-a-Round in Pixar Pier area (no height restriction)
- Jessie’s Critter Carousel in Pixar Pier area (no height restriction)
- Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind in Pixar Pier area (no height restriction)
- Radiator Springs Racers in Carsland (40″ height requirement)
- Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters in Carsland (32″ height requirement)
- Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree in Carsland (32″ height requirement)
- Monsters Inc. Mike & Sully to the Rescue! (located in Hollywood Land, no height restriction)
- Soarin’ (located in Grizzly Peak area, 40″ height requirement)
What to Do in Marketplace at Disneyland Food and Wine with Kids
Once the Marketplace opens at 10:30 am, consider ordering all of your food at one kiosk to save time. Then you can walk to each location and pick up your foods and drinks when you’re ready to eat. In between the Marketplace kiosks, there are rides and attractions so you aren’t just eating everything at once.
The marketplace kiosks feature adorable moving parts. While waiting in line with kids, point out these signs and have them point out their favorite features!
Most of these rides and attractions are in the Festival area. Try working these attractions in between dining and drinking so that kids aren’t missing out and grown ups can still enjoy the Marketplace.
- Golden Zephyr (located in Festival area, no height restriction)
- Goofy’s Sky School (located next to entrance of Festival Beer Garden, 42″ height requirement)
- Jumpin’ Jellyfish (located across from entrance of Festival Beer Garden, 40″ height requirement)
- Grizzly River Run (42″ height requirement)
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail (no height restriction)
- The Little Mermaid – Ariel’s Undersea Adventure (located in Festival area, no height restriction)
- Disney Junior Dance Party! (in Hollywood Land, near the demonstration stage, no height restriction)