Disney Banana Bread Muffins Recipe
Banana bread muffins are simply magic: Take overripe and mushy brown bananas that nobody wants and voila, you have an amazing treat! Banana bread is a very price-savvy recipe and makes use out of produce that would otherwise go to waste. Banana bread muffins are also a quick bread, so they go together fast without yeast.
This is the best banana bread recipe as it’s not overly sweet, not too oily and the bread is moist and delicious. You’ll get two loaves from this recipe. Consider freezing one to save it for later.
Or do like my family does and eat banana bread all day long. Both loaves will be gone within a few days! Even my son, who can’t stand bananas will gobble up this yummy bread. I serve these banana bread muffins or a slice of the loaf alongside sausage, eggs and fruit for my kids at breakfast. You’ll be able to print out the recipe below but I’ve also included some substitution ideas in the text – keep reading through!
Disneyland Banana Bread
I received the original recipe labeled as “Disneyland banana bread”. I’ve never seen or eaten banana bread at Disneyland before but maybe it’s served at some breakfast locations? I’ve also read that this recipe comes from Boma Restaurant at Walt Disney World.
Banana Bread Substitutions
After making this a hundred times over the year, I’ve tweaked this recipe to fit my family. I have adapted it to make not only banana bread loaves but also jumbo muffins and regular muffins. I will include the recipe as it was given to me but these are a few tweaks you can do to “make it your own”.
- Do you have very dark bananas? Lessen the amount of sugar as the overripe of the bananas will supply the sweetness.
- Include a few teaspoons of ground flax seed when mixing in the flour.
- Substitute up to half of the butter with equal parts applesauce to cut the fat.
- Create a crumb topping for an over-the-top Disney banana bread!
- Too many ripe bananas? Freeze some to defrost later when you’re ready to make more banana bread muffins.
- Turn this recipe for banana bread loaves into jumbo or regular muffins (see the recipe card notes).
Best Banana Bread Muffins Recipe
Moist and delicious banana bread loaves or muffins, recipe from the Disney Resort
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar (or less if bananas are overripe)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups banana, mashed (about 3 medium-large bananas)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix melted butter and sugar until well blended.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each.
4. Mix in mashed bananas and vanilla.
5. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, salt and baking soda. Add to wet mixture in two batches, mixing just until combined. Do not over mix.
6. Fold in walnuts, if using. Batter will be very thick.
If making muffins or jumbo muffins, opt to either use non-stick baking spray or paper liners (24 regular muffins or 12 jumbo sized).
Regular sized muffins - Bake approximately 20 minutes
Jumbo muffins - Bake approximately 30 minutes
If making bread loaves, use non-stick baking spray to coat two bread pans.
Loaves - Bake approximately 1 hour.
Tops should be firm and somewhat crunchy and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Week in Review - October 6, 2014 - Rolling with the MagicRolling with the Magic
Monday 6th of October 2014
[…] find out how to make some yummy Disney banana bread with Julie at Saving Up for […]