Ultra-Simple Turkey, Rice and Veggie Soup
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 small (1/2 cup) onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 ribs (1 cup) celery, sliced
- 2 to 3 medium (1 cup) carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 48 ounces (6 cups) chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 cups chopped turkey (fat and bones removed)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cooked rice (I used brown rice)
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery and carrots; continue cooking 3-5 minutes or until onions are softened.
- Add chicken broth, water and paprika.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, 7-9 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil and carrots are tender.
- Stir in chicken and parsley.
- Cook 5-7 minutes or until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon cooked rice into a bowl.
- Ladle soup over the rice and stir to combine.