Do these excuses sound familiar?
- “I don’t have time to exercise”.
- “The gym is too expensive”.
- “I like to workout at home but need support and motivation”.
Then Gixo is definitely something to consider. Keep reading for the review and find out how you can get a discount off membership!
I’ve received compensation for sharing about the Gixo Fitness App in this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own. If you’re interested in trying Gixo, the code julie will give you 20% off a membership as well as a 7-day free trial!
How to Use Gixo
The Gixo fitness app can be downloaded from the App Store or Play Store for use on your phone or smart device. Use the coupon code julie via this link to receive a 7-day free trial and 20% off a Gixo membership. The cost is $19.99 if you pay on a monthly basis or what equals out to $14.99 a month if you purchase up front for a year’s membership ($179.99).
Who is Gixo For?
Gixo is for anyone with any fitness level, from beginners to those in training for a marathon. Gixo app is perfect for busy parents, those who travel frequently or working families that want to squeeze in exercise on a limited amount of time. I wouldn’t necessarily recommend Gixo for those who have never done a fitness program, for true beginners or those who are slower moving. The workouts seem to be more fast paced and directed at people who are familiar with good exercise form.
- You’ll need a smart device or cell phone to access the Gixo app. If you’re doing outdoor workouts where Wi-Fi is unavailable, unlimited data would be ideal.
- For live videos you’ll need ear buds. Choose a wireless version – I only have a pair with a cord and found they were always in the way when I was exercising.
- Some of the classes require equipment, like weights for strength training, a yoga mat or a foam roller for certain stretching workouts.
- Sturdy workout shoes are needed.
What Do You Get with Gixo?
Welcome Email – Upon registering, I received an email welcoming me to Gixo. There’s a message about having unlimited access to both LIVE and On Demand classes, with a link to click where you can sign up for available classes.
Workout Customization – Before choosing classes, complete the workout customization questions. Based on your answers in regards to your current fitness level and taking into consideration any injuries, Gixo makes suggestions on the best fitness classes to start with.
LIVE Classes & On Demand Classes – These are the workouts you can do via the Gixo app on your phone or smart device. I’ll share more about my experience with each below.
Gixo Teammates Facebook Group – Active Gixo app users can access the Facebook group and receive support from Gixo coaches and others in the community.
Class Summary Emails – After the workout, you’ll receive an email outlining the workout you did, time spent and even the playlist.
How Do Gixo Classes Work?
Gixo offers classes that are both live or on-demand in a variety of fitness levels. Choose from indoor classes like cardio, HIIT (high intensity interval training), weights and strength or outdoor classes like walking and running guides. Other interests include yoga, treadmill, pilates, kickboxing, bootcamp and stretching.
Before each set of new movements, there is a brief demonstration video of the upcoming move along with a text overlay that reminds you to watch. After a countdown, the clock starts and you’ll be expected to move along, following the pre-recorded video. You will simply be copying what you see on the video.
Open the Gixo fitness app to see what live classes are happening now and what live classes are upcoming that day. There is also an option to find another time that works better for you. You’ll be able to read the description of the class, including the length of time each class is, who the coach will be, the level of intensity and if any equipment will be needed. Click the “sign up” button and you’ll be sent a message before your class begins in case you forget.
The live class will start with the coach on a “Facetime” like video screen, where you can text a message that will pop-up on the thread. Once the workout begins, pre-recorded video is shown along with accompanying music and a voice over from the coach.
The live coach is there to talk you through the moves with reminders about proper form and to shout out encouragements. You’ll have the ability to turn on a two-way camera between you and the coach. The coach can see you and you’ll be able to see the coach. However you won’t be able to see other teammates and they won’t be able to see you.
Several times during my live workout the coach called out my name with a small encouragement. At the end of the workout she mentioned me again, thanking me for coming to my first Gixo class. That was all pretty cool!
On Demand Classes
Anytime of day, Gixo users can access a library of on-demand fitness classes. These classes can be found under categories including HIIT, running and stretching. The on-demand classes are similar to the live classes with pre-recorded exercises and music.
Pros & Cons of Using Gixo
- Cost of the Gixo app is reasonable at under $20 a month.
- Classes are in varying lengths of time, from 5 minutes to 40 minutes. Choose to do one class or even several in a row.
- Reminder email before your live class begins.
- Aimed at those who enjoy working out alone at home & have the motivation to do so.
- Ideal for those who travel and don’t want to miss their workout. Gixo easily goes where you go!
- Receiving a shout out and positive encouragement from you coach during a live workout can be really helpful.
- Fun workout music makes you feel like you’re really in a training class, though there is an option to turn down the volume so you can better hear the coach.
- The Gixo coaches are available to answer questions via messaging after workouts.
- Training for a 5 or 10K? Gixo offers challenges throughout the year so you can sign up and stick to your goals.
- Brush up on proper exercise form as there isn’t strong focus here. If you enable the camera, the coaches can see you during the workout. They might point out your form or mention a small correction, but it’s not guaranteed.
- Gixo workouts move quickly, with little down time in between positions. Many times I found myself scrambling to get up and down between positions to get started on time.
Getting Onboard with Gixo (Coupon & Free Trial!)
CLICK THE LINK HERE: Use the code julie to receive 20% off your membership and a 7-day free trial of Gixo! Go to the Gixo website to sign up with this discount code, then download the Gixo fitness app from the Play Store or App Store.