Kids Free in San Diego for October
From free restaurant dining, free museum visits, free amusement park tickets, free whale watching to free transportation, there’s enough here for a month of fun! The month of October is already an awesome time to visit San Diego, with continued warm weather and ideal beach conditions. Keep reading to find out where you’ll be able to visit in San Diego for October with the kids for free and where to find those special admission tickets.
Safe Travel to San Diego in 2020
Family fun can be yours this fall with these amazing getaways that will save hundreds. Once you have your trip locked in, be sure to read up on current safe travel protocols. Photos shown in this article were taken in previous years and do not reflect current events.
There are a few important things to be aware of before visiting any of these attractions. Some activities at the locations may have changed or been eliminated in 2020. Other places may have limited access, operating only outdoor events. Health and safety measures have been heightened at all theme parks, hotels and area attractions. Temperature scans may be required before guests may enter the facilities. Facial mask compliance, limited capacity and maintaining social distance are required.
BUY ADULT TICKET AND THE KIDS TICKETS ARE FREE!
Book your San Diego vacation directly through my affiliate Get Away Today and save even more! You can even purchase your adult tickets on the site and the kid’s tickets are free. Or call them directly for additional customer service options. Use code REWRITTEN for an extra $10 off any 2+ night SoCal package with hotel & tickets.
How to Get Your Tickets
You can purchase adult tickets for the following attractions at Get Away Today and one child’s ticket per paying adult will be included for free! Click each of the locations below to find out where to buy your tickets.
What’s FREE for Kids in San Diego?
We are talking big deal savings here! These family-friendly events last all month long. Click the links to read my personal articles with tips about each attraction or theme park.
- San Diego Zoo
- Free admission to Mission San Luis Rey
- Kids ride free on Hornblower Cruises & Flagship Cruises
- SeaWorld San Diego (including their Halloween Spooktacular event)
- Kids eat free at Catamaran Resort, Crown Landing and Galaxy Tacos.
- LEGOLAND California SEA LIFE Aquarium
- Kids ride free with Coronado Bike & Kayak Tours
- Kid’s free at San Diego Whale Watching
- Free ride with adults at San Diego Speed Boat Adventures
- Balboa Park attractions and Museums, including the San Diego Air & Space Museum, Japanese Friendship Garden, Model Railroad Museum, and Museum of Art
- Kids ride free on San Diego Seal Tours
- Downtown San Diego itinerary attractions, including the U.S.S. Midway. In honor of the Midway’s 75th anniversary celebration, they will honor free admission for up to two children (aged 6-12) through Dec. 15, 2020 (with one full-paid adult admission ticket).
- Old Town attractions, including free Old Town Trolley Tours and kid’s meal at Casa Guadalajara.
- San Diego Safari Park
Looking for MORE Entertainment in San Diego for October?
San Diego Beaches are ideal in October, with perfect water temperatures and lower crowds. Especially good to visit on weekdays. Arrive early to score free parking close to the beach!
LEGOLAND California has a new seasonal event this autumn, replacing their annual Brick-or-Treat Halloween Party Nights. Get more details on the updated LEGOLAND Halloween in Miniland for 2020.
Carlsbad San Diego is a the perfect seaside community for families with tons of outdoor activities, kid-friendly dining and beach fun.
Spend all your time enjoying the gorgeous San Diego weather with these top Things to Do Outside in San Diego with Kids.
Editor’s Note: This post originally published Sept 29th, 2015 and has updated information for 2020