Springtime at Disneyland is a magical time to visit! The weather is beautiful, the park is bright with flowers and there’s plenty of new things to experience. Get the scoop on what’s happening during spring at Disneyland including updated things happening in 2022.
This is an update of a post originally published March 20, 2015. This article has been republished with a new date and information.
Spring Break at Disneyland
Springtime at Disneyland is one of the most beautiful times to visit. It can also be one of the busiest times at Disneyland, with many children out of school on spring break. Keep reading for all the wonderful things coming to Disneyland Spring 2022 and tips for maximizing your time in the parks.
Planning a spring break trip in Southern California? Check out these other area attractions and make it a complete family vacation.
Where to Get Tickets for Spring Break at Disneyland
The SoCal Spring Ticket Deal brings in additional locals. This 3-day ticket is an exceptional value and can only be used by Southern California residents with valid identification (shown at the gate during admission).
Tickets are valid January 3rd through May 26, 2022. Best part is that you don’t have to use the pass on consecutive days. Visit any time through the end of the promotion (last date of entry is May 26th).
How the SoCal Spring Ticket Changes Crowds
Does the SoCal Spring ticket change the crowd levels? Yes, there’s definitely been a shift from years’ past, and for one reason.
New in 2022, this SoCal Spring Ticket can only be used on weekdays. Crowd levels this year have been significantly higher Monday through Friday than on Saturdays and Sunday. That’s a twist on previous years when weekend crowds were higher.
Aim to visit earlier in the spring season, in the weeks after Easter Sunday or over the weekends. The weekdays at the end of May will likely be more crowded, as locals will be flooding into the parks to use the last of their ticket.
Discounted Disneyland Tickets!
My travel partners at Get Away Today offer both discounted Disneyland tickets and Anaheim-area hotels to fit any budget! Many hotels include exclusive discounts like free parking, complimentary breakfast or even free nights, just for booking through Get Away Today.
Disneyland tickets are good through December 31st, 2022. We never know when Disney will increase prices so there’s always a potential savings of hundreds of dollars for families. Purchase your multi-day tickets through Get Away Today now.
When you’re ready to book your full Disneyland vacation, my friends at Get Away Today are ready to help! Mention code REWRITTEN to receive an extra discount off your SoCal vacation package of two or more days.
Maximizing Time During Spring Break at Disneyland
As a guest, if you’re planning to visit during spring break at Disneyland, consider booking your trip early in spring. The closer to Easter, the more crowded the parks get.
Plan a theme park strategy before your trip to roughly plot out your day. Include all details including rides, restaurant reservations, shows and character greetings.
Use these planning tips for when it’s expected to be crowded at Disneyland. Use of Disney Genie+, rope dropping and a multi-day pass will help make the most of time in the parks.
If you’re not a Southern California resident, schedule your trip for the weekend to avoid those using the SoCal ticket deal.
How to Pack for Spring Break at Disneyland
It can be tough to plan a wardrobe for spring weather at Disneyland! One day it’s 50 degrees and drizzling. The next afternoon, it’s nearly 90 and you’re sweating!
We receive these questions frequently in the Disneyland With Kids Facebook group. Will it be warm enough to swim during spring break at Disneyland? Is it going to rain? Should I pack shorts or sweatshirts?
My advice as a Southern California native? Watch the 10-day forecast very carefully. The weather during the spring season is ever changeable and difficult to predict.
Read the following articles about the best outfits to wear to Disneyland. Print out these Disney packing lists to use and plan on packing layers at the very least.
- Ultimate guide to a Disneyland rainy day
- Best Disney outfits for kids
- Disney packing checklist for kids with free printable
- Cute but comfortable clothes to wear at Disney Park
- Mom’s packing list with printable
Nighttime Entertainment Returns for 2022!
The Magic Happens parade debuted shortly before the Disneyland closure in 2020 and has yet to return. However there are a variety of nighttime spectaculars that are returning to Disneyland this spring season!
On April 22, 2022, World of Color will reopen at Disney California Adventure park. On the same day, the Main Street Electrical Parade and “Disneyland Forever” fireworks spectacular return to Disneyland park.
The fireworks show will run Friday through Sunday, with Mickey’s Mix Magic showing Monday through Thursday until late spring.
On May 28, 2022, Fantasmic! returns to the Rivers of America in Disneyland.
Plaza Inn Dining Package
The popular Plaza Inn dining package returns for the kick-off of the Main Street Electrical Parade. The package includes a lunch and entrance to a reserved viewing area for the parade. Reservations for the dining package will open around April 14th, 2022.
Dining package entree: Plaza Inn fried chicken and house-made mac and cheese with a Mickey-shaped sweet honey cornbread. Enjoy berry cheesecake for dessert!
Spring Break at Disneyland – Go on a Shopping Spree!
Get your souvenir shopping done during spring at Disneyland and you’re sure to walk away with some treasured mementos. I highly recommend purchasing items ahead of your trip on shopDisney. Use Disney Visa and save a percentage off your order!
To commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Main Street Electrical parade, Disneyland will release some new souvenirs. You’ll be able to find these at both the resort shops and on shopDisney.
Souvenir items in the parks include adult giftables from the Disney California Food and Wine Festival. These kitchen items that will add a dash of Disney to your daily cooking routine!
Morning Disneyland Rope Drop Routine
In previous years I’ve mentioned that families should maximize the first two hours at Disneyland. These are a few strategies to consider if you’re planning a vacation during spring break at Disneyland.
- Remember that all guests MUST have a valid park ticket and theme park reservation before visiting.
- Have the Disneyland app uploaded onto your smart phone before your visit. Already have the app? Make sure it’s updated to the most current version.
- Purchase a Disney ticket with Disney Genie+ built in. It’s one less step you’ll have to make after scanning through the gates.
- Arrive early to allow for parking or walking, getting through the security check point and waiting in line to enter the park.
- Stay at a near-by Anaheim Good Neighbor Hotels, like the Courtyard Marriott or the Howard Johnson. These hotels are within walking distance (and can be booked in a vacation package with tickets at a discount from Get Away Today).
- Skip the stand-by line and purchase individual Lightning Lane for these attractions: Radiator Springs Racers and WEBSLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure in Disney California Adventure. Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Disneyland park.
- Book your mobile orders in the morning. My family plans out all our meals to save time. We pre-order quick service breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks while waiting in line for our first attraction!
Classic Character Interactions Return
Beginning April 18th, 20022 traditional Disney character greetings will return to the theme parks. This means guests will be able to interact with Mickey and friends as they did before the closure. Expect to see social distancing barriers removed, hugs between guests and characters as well as autographs.
During spring at Disneyland, there are often the addition of certain characters to the meet ‘n greet line up. Most notably are Disney “rabbits” including Roger Rabbit, Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh and White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland.
This line-up isn’t always a guarantee between each year, but this is a trend that usually happens in the parks each spring.
Disney Food and Wine Festival
March 4th through April 26th, 2022
The popular culinary event returns for 2022 – it’s the Disney California Food & Wine Festival! There are several new activities added to Food and Wine, including kid’s cupcake decorating and new drinks and dishes in the food marketplace.
More Spring Time Treats and Eats at Disneyland
In addition to the marketplace kiosks in the Disney California Food and Wine Festival, other restaurants have added seasonal desserts to their menu.
Find items in the park, resort hotels or even in Downtown Disney District. Most treats are available through April 17th, 2022. Here’s what you’ll find to indulge in this spring break at Disneyland!
GCH Craftsman Grill – at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
- Easter Donut: Decorated vanilla cake donut dipped in milk chocolate.
- Easter Cupcake: Coconut cupcake with pineapple buttercream.
GCH Holiday Cart – inside the Grand Californian Hotel lobby
- Mickey-shaped Bunny Cereal Treat
- Easter Carrot Cake Loaf
- Mickey-shaped Easter Basket Cookie: Decorated vanilla sugar cookies dipped in white chocolate.
- Easter Treat Box: Variety of sugar cookies with Easter sprinkles, dulce Easter cookies, and Easter chocolate bark.
- Easter Egg Mickey Cookie: Vanilla sugar cookie dipped in white chocolate and layered with apricot jam.
- Minnie Bunny Ears Cookie: Vanilla sugar cookie dipped in milk chocolate and decorated with chocolate and rolled fondant.
- Yogurt Mini Pretzel Bag
- Easter Chocolate Bunny
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Shot (available with milk or liqueur)
- Double Chocolate Cookie Shot (available with milk or liqueur)
Returning this spring, the fun Easter-themed egg hunt, Eggstravaganza! For 2022 this activity happens from March 31 to April 17, 2022. Buy a participation card for $9.99 at locations throughout the resort.
Eggstravaganza offers up three versions – at Disneyland, California Adventure or the Downtown Disney shopping area. After finding all the hidden eggs in the “hunt”, guests may return their completed card for a collectible egg prize!
Easter Sunday at Disneyland
If your vacation falls over Easter Sunday, try this free printable Disney Easter scavenger hunt. It’s designed to be played inside of a hotel room and adds to the spring fun!
Pack Easter baskets and treats using this guide to the best Disney Easter basket ideas.
Easter Sunday Buffet
Both the Disneyland Hotel and Disney’s Grand Californian are offering special Easter Sunday buffets for brunch and dinner. Taking place only on April 17th, 2022, each location will offer a holiday menu along with character dining.
Storyteller’s Cafe at Disney’s Grand Californian – Character dining at both
- Easter Brunch buffet: 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Easter Dinner buffet: 3:00 PM to 9:30 PM
Goofy’s Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel – Character dining at both
- Easter Brunch buffet: 7:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Easter Dinner buffet: 1:30 PM to 9:00 PM
Advance Dining Reservations are required and should be made as soon as possible. I highly recommend using MouseDining to secure hard-to-get reservations, including this Easter Sunday meal.