A Mother’s Random Thoughts (Patty) and Saving Up for Disney (Julie) welcome you back for round two of our Date Night Challenges. The Second Date Night Challenge is fun and creative. You can make it as simple or extravagant as time and your budget allows. Remember, it is not necessary to actually leave the house. You can stay home and “date” your spouse.
Here are the rules:
- Ask your spouse, without telling him/her why, to name three to five places that he/she would like to visit. These could be locations, states, countries, or even outer space.
- Begin planning your date around these locations. Examples: Italy, China, and Australia
- Disney World/Theme Park: Visit an indoor amusement park, Play a game at Chuck E Cheese, find somewhere that sells Mickey Ice Cream Bars or Pineapple Dole Whip, Make Mickey Mouse shaped chocolate chip cookies and make cookie ice cream sandwiches.
- France: Visit an art Exhibit, make crepes, plan an picnic (indoor picnics can be fun) with cheese, bread and fruit.
- Italy: Watch Three Coins in a Fountain, and find a fountain to throw some coins in, play bocce, listen to Dean Martin sing An Evening in Roma, Volare, That’s Amore. Plan an Italian meal of Caesar salad, spaghetti or lasagna, gelato, espresso. Eat your spaghetti like Lady and the Tramp!
- Switzerland: Climb the tallest peak in your town, or eat Lindt chocolates (from Switzerland). Practice yodeling together.
- Germany: Watch Snow White or Tangled, make a fondue (or visit the Melting Pot), learn to Polka or listen to Bavarian folk music, eat Black Forest Cheesecake.
- Ireland/England: Eat fish and chips at a pub, watch or play a soccer game, have afternoon tea and scones, dance an Irish jig, finish the night with Irish coffee.
- Carribean: Watch Pirates of the Carribean, play Escape by Rupert Holmes.
- You have 2 weeks to complete this Challenge. Make sure to link below by 12:05 AM EST, February 8, 2016.
- By linking, you give The Date Night Challenge Hosts permission to use your name and photo, and links to your social media accounts.
- We will pin, tweet, share, and promote our Date Night Challenge. We encourage you to visit other participants in this challenge, comment and share the love with them!