This post originally published Feb 1st, 2017 and has been updated and republished with a new date.
Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day at Disneyland
If your Disneyland vacation falls during Valentine’s Day, you might wonder how the holiday is celebrated in the Parks. Does Disneyland decorate for Valentine’s Day? Are there romantic spots at Disneyland? Keep reading for sweet tips for couples at Disneyland.
There are opportunities for romance at Disneyland sprinkled in like pixie dust throughout the Parks! And if you have the kids with you, there are still some very sweet ways to honor the special day.
Celebrating Valentine’s Day at Disneyland 2023
Disneyland Resort celebrates Minnie and Mickey’s love during a Valentine’s Day celebration. Entering Disneyland Park, there is usually a floral portrait of Mickey Mouse made of flowers. Festive Valentine’s Day decorations can be seen along Main Street U.S.A and in the Small World Mall.
In 2023 expect to see some of the Disneyland Valentine’s Day décor returned to Main Street USA., including photo opportunities with hearts and flowers.
Going to Disneyland This Year
There have been a lot of changes at Disneyland since the closure and there are things to know before going to Disneyland this year. With theme park tickets only sold on line and reservations required, it’s important to plan vacations far in advance.
Discounted Disneyland Tickets
My travel partners at Get Away Today offer both discounted Disneyland tickets and Anaheim-area hotels to fit any budget! Many hotels include exclusive discounts like free parking, complimentary breakfast or even free nights, just for booking through Get Away Today.
Disneyland tickets purchased now are good through January 12th, 2024. Purchase your multi-day tickets through Get Away Today now.
When you’re ready to book your Disneyland vacation, my friends at Get Away Today are ready to help! Mention code REWRITTEN to receive an extra discount off your SoCal vacation package of two or more days.
Valentine’s Day Breakfast at Disneyland
Start off the day on either a sweet or a savory note. Since you
may WILL indulge in some sugary treats through the day, might be best to have some protein in your tummy first!
My family likes to grab breakfast inside Downtown Disney District and eat while we wait for rope drop. Jamba has protein-packed smoothies. Or mobile order coffee and pastries through the Starbucks app for the Downtown Disney location!
Inside the parks if you’re prefer a leisurely breakfast with your sweetie-pie, you can dine on Mickey waffles, eggs, bacon and fruit at Carnation Café. Start the day with something sweet! Swing into Jolly Holly Bakery & Café for a cinnamon roll or muffin.
One of the best choices for a Valentine’s Day at Disneyland breakfast is character dining. Choose Minnie & Friends – Breakfast in the Park for an extensive breakfast buffet. Characters dance through the dining area for a whimsical start to your morning!
Disneyland After Dark – Sweethearts’ Night
Stay after nightfall with your honey during the Disneyland After Dark event, Sweethearts’ Night. The event is held on 7 select nights from January 31 through February 16, 2023 at Disneyland Park. A special ticket event is required.
This nighttime special events runs from 9 pm to 1 am (with mix-in starting at 6 pm). There will be a fun dance party, photo ops with Photopass photographers and unique character greetings.
If you are lucky enough to get a ticket, these exclusive treats are being offered during the Sweethearts’ Night event.
- Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake at Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe.
- Croque Monsieur Sandwich from Red Rose Taverne.
- Tres Leches Mini Funnel Cakes at Hungry Bear Restaurant.
- Strawberry Shortcake Sundae available at Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor.
Need a Babysitter?
Valentine’s Day at Disneyland or not, sometimes adults just want a date night by themselves in the park. Consider Nanny-Land for professional nanny service, either inside Disneyland or at an Anaheim-area hotel. Each nanny can watch up to four children so that grown ups can have time alone.
Use code REWRITTEN at Nanny-Land and receive a special discount off of the service. Choose from one of three Nanny-Land professionals:
- Gold Crown Nannies have Disneyland Magic Key annual passes. They serve as an extra set of helping hands, go on rides with children or watch kids while parents take a break inside the theme parks.
- Knight Nannies are specialty nannies who come to your hotel room. They use a fun Disney-based educational theme to entertain children without toys, electronics or television.
- Silver Crown Nannies watch children at the hotel, either for a date night or a morning “Sleepy Session” so that parents can sleep in!
- Nanny-Land operates at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
Use code REWRITTEN at Nanny-Land and receive a special discount off their services!
Lovable Disney Souvenirs for Kids
Keep your eyes open for adorable love-inspired souvenirs in the Disneyland shops. If you like to purchase your souvenirs online and have them arrive to you at home, visit ShopDisney online. They have dozens of precious Valentine’s Day themed items that will delight everyone.
Very Sweet Valentine’s Treats
Valentine’s Day at Disneyland will once again include lots of lovable treats! Here’s where to look for each of these seasonal foods:
Red Rose Taverne:
- Love Stuff – available 2/1-2/28. Red shortbread cookie, red velvet cake, raspberry, cookies & cream mousse, and heart sprinkles.
Stage Door Cafe:
- Chocolate-Strawberry Funnel Cake – available 2/1-2/28. Funnel cake with chocolate drizzle, brownie crumbles, diced strawberries, and whipped topping
Frontierland Carts – all available now through February 28th
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pretzel – Strawberry & Graham Cracker-dusted Cream Cheese Pretzel
- Strawberry Dipping Sauce
- Strawberry Cookies & Crème Churro – Strawberry and Butter Cookie-dusted Churro with Vanilla Buttercream Drizzle and Strawberry Cookie Topping
Valentine Sweets in Disney California Adventure Park
Clarabelle’s Hand-Scooped Ice Cream
- Sweetheart Sundae – available 2/10-2/14. Scoops of chocolate and strawberry ice cream served in a waffle cup and topped with strawberry sauce, whipped cream, sprinkles, and a chocolate-covered strawberry.
- Oswald Apple – available 2/1-2/16/ Green Granny Smith apple dipped in chocolate and cereal treat ears dipped in dark chocolate and embellished with white and red chocolate.
Downtown Disney District Delights
No park ticket? You can still get into the romantic spirit with one of these treats or gifts, available in the Downtown Disney shopping district.
- Ballast Point – Tres Leches Rose Water Cake: Rose-milk-soaked shortcake topped with candied rose petal. Available only February 14th.
- Kayla’s Cake – Valentine’s Day Gift Box with six pre-selected macaron flavors of rose champagne, raspberry chocolate, strawberry cheesecake, red velvet, sea salt caramel, and Belgian dark chocolate.
- Sprinkles – Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cupcake + Layer Cake, Heartthrob Red Velvet, and two boxed sets of cupcakes, the I Love You Box and XOXO Box. All available through 2/19.
- Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes – Red Velvet CakeShake is topped with a slice of red velvet cake, whipped cream, chocolate drizzle, and a cherry from 2/10-2/14.
- California Churro – Chocolate-covered Strawberry Churro: Churro rolled in strawberry sugar, drizzled with chocolate. Available now through 2/19.
- Wetzel’s Pretzels – Choco Churro Bitz and Frozen Horchata Bundle: Cin-A-Bitz drizzled with dulce de leche and Ghirardelli chocolate sauce paired with frozen horchata topped with cinnamon. Limited time offering through Feb 28th.
Valentine’s Day Fun for All
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes – Family fun for all, enjoy a round of bowling and dining. Splitsville’s menu offers up sushi, pizza, sandwiches and salads. Adults can sip on the The Final Rose Cocktail, a light and refreshing spirit.
- Live Music – During the entire month of February, the Downtown Disney District Main Stage will showcase a variety of music including jazz, R&B, Motown, funk and reggae.
Sweet Valentine’s Day Gifts
Pandora – Pop into the Pandora shop in New Orleans Square or in Downtown Disney for a Valentine’s Day gift she’ll never forget. Even better, buy it early online via ShopDisney and have it ready for gifting at the parks!
Lovepop – This shop offers up everlasting one-of-a-kind flowers and pop-up cards, including this adorable version featuring Grogu.
Hotel Valentine’s Day Offerings
If you don’t usually splurge on a Disneyland Resort Hotel, this is the perfect season in which to indulge in the magic!
The Paradise Pier, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian are offering up special rates from Valentine’s Day and beyond – book early!
Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
The seasonal cart inside the hotel lobby offers up holiday treats including Mickey Mouse-shaped Valentine’s cookies, heart-shaped sugar cookies, chocolate Minnie Mouse-shaped rice krispy treats, chocolate dipped strawberries, and ombre macarons.
Tenaya Stone Spa – After touring the theme parks, indulge in a pampering treatment inside Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa. Try one of the signature treatments including cleansing exfoliation and massage.
GCH Craftsman Bar – This poolside restaurant will serve up Valentine’s cocktails throughout February. Look for the Tuxedo Strawberry, the California Crush, and Love’s Lantern (with a glowing cube!).
Valentine’s Day Photo Spot – From February 11th – 15th, look for the pink floral heart between the Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse topiaries near the Fantasy Tower.
The Coffee House – Choose from the red velvet cupcake, Sable Heart cookie with raspberry filling and raspberry mocha coffee for the month of February.
Valentine’s Day After Dark
Finding a lovely spot to watch the setting sun at the Disney resort is a perfect way to close out the day. The sun will set behind the Pixar Pal-Around so maybe catch a ride on this Ferris wheel for a panoramic view.
There are several dining locations in which to eat and watch the sunset. Grab a cocktail at Wine Country Trattoria. Dine on the patio at Carthay Circle for an unforgettable view over the crowds. The patio of Lamplight Lounge offers up dinner and view. Or take a seat on the steps in Paradise Park (located in front of the Little Mermaid ride).
Disneyland Valentine’s Day Dinner
While there aren’t any special Valentine’s Day at Disneyland meals on the menus, you can still infuse lovely meals into your family dinner plans. Use MouseDining to help you snag that last minute Disneyland advance dining reservation!
Each location offers a kid’s menu with favorites like chicken pot pie, macaroni & cheese or sustainable fish. Here are a few suggestions on what to order, including specialty cocktails, available just for the holiday.
Lamplight Lounge – available 2/11-2/14
- The Love That Lasts a Life Time Sweet Cocktail
- The Flame Spicy Cocktail
- The Ex Sour & Bitter Cocktail
- A Toast to Love Flight
- Blue Bayou Restaurant has filet mignon dinner. For dessert, indulge in the basque cheesecake or assorted macarons.
- The famous Monte Cristo sandwich is the highlight of the Cafe Orleans menu.
- Wine Country Trattoria offers Italian bites like roasted vegetable lasagna, spaghetti bolonese and tiramisu.
- The extensive and delicious dinner buffet at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel in Storyteller’s Cafe is the best. Don’t miss the vanilla sauce bread pudding for dessert!
For the ultimate sweet surprise ending, consider booking a specialty cake before your visit. You’ll be able to have a chocolate or white chocolate celebration cake delivered for dessert at participating restaurants. This is a surprise Disneyland splurge that everyone can indulge in!